Vice President of Development
Greyston creates thriving communities through the practice and promotion of Open Hiring® and addresses some of the most disruptive issues facing our country today—inequality and recidivism—through human capital innovation. We are a hybrid organization providing job opportunities at our bakery located in southwest Yonkers where we produce over 40,000 pounds of brownies a day. Greyston provides not only the chance for individuals to overcome barriers that are keeping them from finding and maintaining employment, but also access to critically needed social services such as mental health screenings and crisis intervention. For more information, please visit Greyston’s website at greyston.org.
Greyston is seeking a Vice President of Development who is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing Greyston’s fundraising efforts including individual giving and major gifts, institutional giving, special events, planned giving, and capital and special campaigns as needed. The VP of Development will work closely with the President & CEO and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors. This position will be responsible for providing strategic direction and delivery of fundraising activities for Greyston; build Greyston’s philanthropic relationships and resources; and lead efforts to build the financial foundation essential to actualize the organization’s vision and 2020 strategic path.
The VP of Development will oversee the Development team consisting of four direct reports.
The VP of Development will report directly to the President & CEO. This position is located in Yonkers, NY, easily accessible by car and train.
- Provide overall leadership of the Greyston Development Department to ensure delivery of best-in-class fundraising efforts and initiatives.
- Develop and execute an annual plan for Greyston’s Development Department to maximize our fundraising capacity.
- Build, develop, and manage Development Department team capable of carrying out needed development and stakeholder support strategies.
- Develop a productive relationship with the Board of Directors to maximize the contributions from each Member towards Greyston’s strategic and development goals.
- Serve as one of the organization’s spokespersons in promoting the organization and its mission.
- Has a track record in fundraising, business development, or a related function, who can hone those skills to support Greyston’s growth.
- Wants to spend their day building relationships with people by pursuing referrals, attending conferences and networking events, etc.
- Takes independent actions and calculated risks, looks for and takes advantage of opportunities, solicits feedback to improve processes or actions.
- Demonstrates stability of performance under pressure and/or opposition and ability to cope with uncertainty, change and performance demands.
- Establishes and develops effective relationships. Exhibits utmost tact and consideration.
- Anticipates long-term goals into tangible results and day-to-day activities; reinforces with the team.
- Facilities the development of other knowledge and skills, providing timely feedback and guidance to help them reach goals.
- Nurtures and grows our values-driven culture.
- 10+ years direct fundraising or similar development experience.
- Demonstrated experience and results managing grant writing and special events.
- Proven track record of growing annual donation base.
- Demonstrated experience with fundraising related to re-entering citizens and urban renewal programs a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including medical, vision, prescription, dental insurance, company paid life insurance, long-term disability, flex spending, generous paid time off, 401k, commuter benefits and employee assistance program.
Greyston is committed to creating equitable employment opportunities for all individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you want to make a difference and deliver meaningful change and have significant experience and a proven track record in fundraising and business development areas of responsibility and want to join an exceptional, growing non-profit organization as a Vice President of Development, please send a resume and cover letter, including salary requirement, to firstname.lastname@example.org.