We are currently seeking a Continuous Improvement Supervisor to join our team in Yonkers, NY.
Why Join Us?
At Greyston, we create thriving communities through the practice and promotion of Open Hiring, which means we provide employment opportunities to people regardless of their background or work history, while offering them the support necessary both to succeed in the workplace and to thrive in the community. With our history as a social justice pioneer, Greyston is recognized as one of the country’s leading social enterprises that provides individuals opportunities for employment. Our philosophy fuels community development and a commitment to human growth and potential. With tremendous interest in socially responsible business and growing awareness of the massive economic dysfunction driven by poverty, recidivism and a lack of job opportunities for people with barriers, Greyston is poised to capitalize on these factors by launching the Center for Open Hiring as a focal point for generating and measuring social innovation impact.
Technical Services Supervisor
The Continuous Improvement Supervisor has a vital role within the organization and will be responsible for working with production, quality assurance and maintenance to analyze the production process for improvement and compliance using various methods of assessment and inspection. The Continuous Improvement Supervisor. will serve as the primary resource on the production floor for issue identification/resolution and continuous improvement. Moreover, the Technical Services Supervisor will ensure that Stand Operating Procedures are implemented and updated on a regular basis and that proper compliance training is designed, executed, and verified on a consistent basis.
1. Responsible for understanding process control capabilities of the production processes and driving continuous improvement projects
2. Promote and execute quality standards, inspection processes, test methodology, quality plans, document control and reports. Documentation support through development and review of operational SOP’s
3. Responsible for the line staff training/compliance/verification and its design, delivery and retention by the employees.
4. Lead Non Conformance process with Core Shift Team (production supervisor, production leads, quality technicians and maintenance mechanics). Investigate, report and document Product Non-conformances and issue recommendations for corrective action.
5. Interface with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with production/quality assurance and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
Core Tasks and Timing for Key Responsibilities
Design and implement methods for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
• Review and update manuals, procedures, work instructions and forms for production, quality and maintenance to ensure compliance.
• Evaluate production capabilities to meet required design, quality, and material specifications.
• Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of technological developments and trends for guidance of production teams.
• Develops, executes and analyzes production/quality reporting measures.
• Supports concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects representing production floor and the customer needs.
Promote and execute quality standards, inspection processes, test methodology, quality plans, documents and reports.
• Maintain the company production system and all associated activities, including internal auditing and coordination of external auditing.
• Provide direction to maintain certification and to ensure continuous improvement of processes and systems.
• Be the leader in process development and capability including audits.
• Provide leadership in resolution of quality problems associated with quality assurance, production, and maintenance issues.
• Report to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
• Ensures compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, OSHA, safety, and complete and on-time delivery at the lowest possible cost.
Interface with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality assurance and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
• Establish and maintain statistically valid test protocols and procedures for applications to all products to ensure that all products shipped meet defined customer requirements.
• Review supplier purchase orders and establish supplier quality requirements.
• Review customers purchase orders, contract and change request and ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in quality and process plans.
Responsible for the production line staff training/compliance and its design, delivery and retention by the employees.
• Comply, write and deliver training material for production and quality activities.
• Work closely with Learning & Development to ensure training is designed with transfer of knowledge in mind.
• Oversees and trains the SOP and compliance Champions that assist in delivering the training to production line staff and ensures training verification/employee feedback/re-training is happening on a regular basis.
• Serve as Shift Trainer.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Strong executional skills with the ability to meet deadlines and commitments within a dynamic and challenging environment.
• Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
• Evaluate and establish manufacturing parameters
• Develop and maintain manufacturing KPI’s
• Ability to effectively train production floor personnel through positive coaching and feedback.
• Strong influence skills and ability to work successfully with peers; a true team player.
• Proven verbal, written and presentation skills, i.e., clear, succinct, and concise writing style.
• Entrepreneurial mindset and motivated self-starter with the ability to construct new and innovative solutions for complex and varying problems.
• Ability to simplify complex problems and work succinctly with others.
• Skilled in Lean Process Techniques or similar techniques.
• Ability to interpret regulations and laws and disseminate information.
• Commitment to Greyston’s core values, mission, and programs with an approach that is consistent with the foundation’s guiding principles and holding self to the highest ethical standards.
• 5-10 years of experience in a process-oriented operations and/or related industry
• 3-5 years compliance/regulatory experience
• Lean Process, or similar, certified and OSHA certified
• Food/Bakery experience a plus
• Experience with a $20+ million company a plus
Bakery General Manager Account Manager
Production Managers Maintenance Supervisor
Quality Assurance Manager Director of Learning and Development
Engineering Manager Human Resources Manager/Bakery