We are currently seeking an experienced Sales Associate to join our team in Yonkers, NY.
Who we are:
At Greyston, we create thriving communities through the practice and promotion of Open Hiring, which means we provide employment opportunities to people regardless of their background or work history, while offering them the support necessary both to succeed in the workplace and to thrive in the community. With our history as a social justice pioneer, Greyston is recognized as one of the country’s leading social enterprises that provides individuals opportunities for employment. Our philosophy fuels community development and a commitment to human growth and potential. With tremendous interest in socially responsible business and growing awareness of the massive economic dysfunction driven by poverty, recidivism and a lack of job opportunities for people with barriers, Greyston is poised to capitalize on these factors by launching the Center for Open Hiring as a focal point for generating and measuring social innovation impact.
About the role:
Will report directly to the Sales Director and work in close collaboration with other functional leaders to achieve the sales goals and targets agreed to according to the sales and marketing strategy plan. The Sales Team Leader will be responsible for leading the company in growth, productivity, profitability, and culture.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and maintain key relationships with all assigned accounts, with a focus on superior customer service
- Drive leads and maximize revenue growth to meet company targets
- Identify business opportunities with existing and prospective clients
- Implement best practices and creative strategies for account penetration
- Responsible for executing sales and marketing strategy within the Foodservice and C-Store channels assigned on East Coast with priority in the tristate area (CT,NY,NJ).
- Manage all national and regional chain restaurants, c-stores, colleges, universities, and corporate café’s.
- Support distributors ( PFG, Vistar, Gordon Food Service, Food Authority, Ben E. Keith etc…) pursuing foodservice and c-store business.
- Maintain a sales call balance of new business opportunities along with current business retention and penetration.
- Manage, train, and lead food service and c-store brokers.
- Responsible for representing Greyston Bakery at Food and Trade Shows as well as distributor and training meetings.
- Responsible for traveling to and from customer.
Our ideal candidate:
- 3+ years’ strong background in food sales (preferably baked goods) experience in sales support and customer relations role
- 3+ experience with sales tools technology
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, Outlook)
- Position requires initiative and self-motivation, as well as the ability to set priorities, demonstrate good judgment and communicate effectively
- We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, vision, prescription and dental insurance, company paid life insurance, Long Term Disability, Flex Spending, Commuter Benefits and Employee Assistance Program.
- Greyston is committed to creating equitable employment opportunities for all individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org