Greyston Bakery located in Yonkers, New York is looking for a Maintenance Supervisor to coordinate technical team and ensure facility is kept in good operating conditions. Your duty include inspecting equipment, assigning tasks, setting schedules, supervising repairs, and enforcing safety policies.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Supervise hourly maintenance mechanics supporting production operation
- Train new maintenance mechanic in learning day to day production
- Lead the maintenance team in performing diagnostic troubleshooting on all plant equipment.
- Ensures maintenance is scheduled in a timely manner and works closely with Production to schedule and accomplish equipment and facility repairs.
- Set-up lines for production
- Conducts preventive maintenance on equipment to insure proper and safe operation
- Maintains accurate records of maintenance work performed and inspects work in progress and upon completion for compliance to standard trade practices
- Maintain high standards of safety and quality at all times
- Coordinate with Quality Manager on inspection of customer’s product
- Responsible in maintaining proper inventory by ordering the appropriate materials and equipment’s on a timely basis
- Effectively supervise man power allocation to manage department overtime
- Evaluates employees performance on a timely basis and recommends personnel actions, such as promotions, discharge, or disciplinary measures
Experience, Skills & Abilities
- Bakery experience required
- No degree required
- 5-7 years’ experience in a maintenance supervision
- Must be familiar with CMMS
- Experience in industrial electrical and mechanical problem solving
- Able to work with outside vendors and contractors
- Knowledge with FDA and GMP guidelines
- First shift position, on call as needed and able to work varied shifts including weekends and holidays