Why join us?
At Greyston, we create thriving communities through the practice and promotion of Open Hiring, which means we provide employment opportunities to people regardless of their background or work history, while offering them the support necessary both to succeed in the workplace and to thrive in the community. With our history as a social justice pioneer, Greyston is recognized as one of the country’s leading social enterprises that provides individuals opportunities for employment. Our philosophy fuels community development and a commitment to human growth and potential. With tremendous interest in socially responsible business and growing awareness of the massive economic dysfunction driven by poverty, recidivism and a lack of job opportunities for people with barriers, Greyston is poised to capitalize on these factors by launching the Center for Open Hiring as a focal point for generating and measuring social innovation impact.
We are currently searching for a Job Developer to provide excellent job development services to participants in Greyston’s Workforce Development Training Program located in Yonkers, New York. This role will be responsible for initiating and maintaining ongoing contact with a variety of business and industry representatives to promote job placement, retention, and support to both employer and participant.
Skills & Abilities:
- A minimum of two years’ experience as a job developer in a social work setting or comparable direct – sales experience or promotions experience
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to be able to travel to various clients.
- Confident and effective interaction, communication and documentation with a variety of internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure client success.
- Must be highly knowledgeable about the methods of job development, client placement, and appropriate verification and follow up methods.
- Must be confident about meeting monthly placement goals/quotas.
- Must be able to ascertain employers’ needs and have the ability to promote job candidates in a way that would be appealing to employers.
- Must be comfortable educating employers about associated benefits of hiring from our program as well as other helpful business practices.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries with clients and coworkers.
- Ability to work independently, prioritizing conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Highly developed communication skills both written and verbal.
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, diversity, trust and ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Mission-driven; passionate about Greyston’s Social Justice Commitment.
- Relationship management skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Intermediate Microsoft office skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Bilingual English/Spanish highly preferred.
- Highly positive and enthusiastic style – capable of motivating others.
- Responsible for job development, placement, and retention activities.
- Provide weekly reports of job development activities.
- Ensure effective interaction, communication and documentation with a variety of internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure client success.
- Make cold calls to potential employers to develop and maintain job bank.
- Initiate and maintain ongoing personal (including face-to-face) contact with a variety of business and industry representatives to promote job placement for program graduates.
- Develop jobs and network by attending employer job fairs, workshops, meetings and presentations.
- Work with participants to create a formal Independent Employment Plan (IEP).
- Instruct job applicants in presenting a positive image by providing help with personal appearance, interview skills, interview prep immediately prior to scheduled interview.
- Refer qualified applicants to employers after ascertaining all information pertinent to the job.
- Conduct necessary follow-up with applicants who are hired and provide constructive feedback to those who interview but are not hired by employer.
- Maintain effective documentation for all job development and case management responsibilities; maintain case notes for each client.
- Provide post-placement follow-up with clients at required benchmarks.
- Evaluate employers to assess if ongoing business relationships remain viable.
- Other departmental assignments as needed.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, vision, prescription and dental insurance, company paid life insurance, Long Term Disability, Flex Spending, 401k, Commuter Benefits and Employee Assistance Program.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Greyston is committed to creating equitable employment opportunities for all individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.