Updated May 16, 2018
Under the direction of the Director of Workforce Development, the Staffing and Recruiting Job Developer is responsible for identifying and developing strategic business relationships with various businesses in the community in order to make solid job placements with the participants in Greyston’s Workforce Development Training Program. As the Staffing and Recruiting Job Developer, you will take the lead in the development of new business relationships and opportunities that support and increase our Company’s awareness of providing work-ready, trained candidates at no cost to the employer. You will also continue to strengthen existing relationships with businesses by knowing their company’s culture and anticipating their upcoming needs in providing them with no cost job placement, retention, and support to both employer and participant.
Skills and Abilities
- Must be highly knowledgeable about the methods of job development, client placement, and appropriate verification and follow up methods.
- Must be confident about meeting monthly placement goals/quotas.
- Confident and effective interaction, communication and documentation with a variety of internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure client success.
- Must be able to ascertain employers’ needs and have the ability to promote job candidates in a way that would be appealing to employers.
- Must be comfortable educating employers about associated benefits of hiring from our program as well as other helpful business practices.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries with clients and coworkers.
- Ability to work independently, prioritizing conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Highly developed communication skills both written and verbal.
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, diversity, trust and ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Mission-driven; passionate about Greyston’s Social Justice Commitment.
- Relationship management skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Intermediate Microsoft office skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to be able to travel to various clients.
- Bilingual English/Spanish highly preferred.
- Highly positive and enthusiastic style – capable of motivating others.
- Regularly partners with hiring managers within the community to address and plan for current and upcoming staffing needs.
- Understands and communicates vital information to the candidate regarding the company that they will be interviewing for, its products and/or services, mission, and culture, in addition to job scope and responsibilities.
- Responsible for job development, placement, and retention activities Provide weekly reports of job development activities.
- Ensure effective interaction, communication and documentation with a variety of internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure client and program success.
- Make cold calls to potential employers to develop and maintain job bank.
- Initiate and maintain ongoing personal (including face-to-face) contact with a variety of business and industry representatives to promote job placement for program graduates.
- Develop jobs and network by attending employer job fairs, workshops, meetings and presentations.
- Work with participants to create a formal Independent Employment Plan (IEP).
- Instruct job applicants in presenting a positive image by providing help with personal appearance, interview skills, interview prep immediately prior to scheduled interview.
- Refer qualified applicants to employers after ascertaining all information pertinent to the job.
- Conduct necessary follow-up with applicants who are hired and provide constructive feedback to those who interview but are not hired by employer.
- Maintain effective electronic and hard file documentation for all job development, case management and retention responsibilities; maintain case notes for each client.
- Provide post-placement follow-up with clients at required benchmarks.
- Evaluate employers to assess if ongoing business relationships remain viable.
- Other departmental assignments as needed.