Why join us?
At Greyston, we create thriving communities through the practice and promotion of Open Hiring, which means we provide employment opportunities to people regardless of their background or work history, while offering them the support necessary both to succeed in the workplace and to thrive in the community. With our history as a social justice pioneer, Greyston is recognized as one of the country’s leading social enterprises that provides individuals opportunities for employment. Our philosophy fuels community development and a commitment to human growth and potential. With tremendous interest in socially responsible business and growing awareness of the massive economic dysfunction driven by poverty, recidivism and a lack of job opportunities for people with barriers, Greyston is poised to capitalize on these factors by launching the Center for Open Hiring as a focal point for generating and measuring social innovation impact.
The Greyston Bakery located in Yonkers, New York is looking for a Human Resources Coordinator to assist the Human Resources Manager and will be responsible to undertake a variety of HR administrative duties to support the Human Resources Department. The ideal candidate will have broad knowledge of human resources as well as general administrative responsibilities. Will be able to work autonomously and efficiently to ensure the smooth running of various HR projects.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Process weekly payroll via ADP
- Generate Payroll and or HR Reports as requested via ADP
- Create weekly Production Schedules
- Update the Open Hiring list on a weekly basis
- Track all disciplinary reports and file appropriately
- Responsible for updating the Attendance Point System
- Process all new union and medical enrollments
- Respond to internal and external HR related enquiries or requests and provide assistance
- Coordinate all on-boarding processes for new new-hires
- Verify I-9 documentation and conduct I-9 audits as needed
- Ensure various HR documents are properly filed and up to date in the Employee Files
- Type routine employment verification upon employee request
- Perform other projects as needed.
- Liaise with other departments or functions
- Create weekly Schedules with the Production Manager
- Provide coverage for the front desk during vacation periods
- 3-5 years of supporting an HR Department
- Payroll Processing experience preferred
Skills & Abilities
- Understand the importance of keeping strict confidentiality
- Ability to foster positive relationships with all departments
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to facilitate all basic human resources functions
- Intermediate experience with Visio and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of ADP Total Source and EZ Labor
Physical and/or Mental Requirements
- Able to sit at and work on a computer for extended periods.
- Able to lift 10 pounds and reach/bend to retrieve documents in cabinets and on shelves.
- Able to walk through a Bakery environment
- Able to walk through and work in an office located in a historic mansion without elevators
- Able to travel to any Greyston location and work within that facility
- Typical office environment.
- Willing and able to work additional hours as needed to ensure responsibilities are met.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, vision, prescription and dental insurance, company paid life insurance, Long Term Disability, Flex Spending, 401K, Commuter Benefits and Employee Assistance Program.
Greyston is committed to creating equitable employment opportunities for all individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org